Trainers and dog hobbyists get ready. Hannah Branigan will be returning to Cold Nose College in August! You’ll learn techniques to hone your own skills, which make teaching and working with your own dog so much more effective….and FUN.
Whether you want to merely sharpen your dog’s skills, develop your own handling skills or have a desire to compete in Conformation, Obedience or Rally, then this workshop is for you!
Take your dog’s performance to the next level! This is a hands (and paws) on seminar where you will learn the basics of training each obedience exercise (Novice, Open, Utility) AND Rally skills, as well as learning effective Conformation strategies and honing your skills as a trainer and handler. You don’t have to have a desire to compete to gain valuable training strategies for basic manners for your dog at home.
This 2-day workshop is hosted by and held at the Cold Nose College training center in Murphy, North Carolina and will be taught by Hannah Branigan of Wonderpups Training (Creedmore, NC). Join us for a weekend of fun learning for you and your dog!
Focus and Motivation/ FUN reinforcement:
- Learn how to develop games and motivators to increase your dog’s enthusiasm and improve his focus.
- Learn how to use play as a reinforcer in practical training applications. We will discuss why we use play, what kind of toy is best for your dog, how to engage (and control!) play, when and how to incorporate it into your training.
- We’ll also explore options for reinforcement that can go in the ring with you (non-food/non-toy).
- Learn the foundation skills necessary for focused heeling, and how to troubleshoot common heeling issues.
- We will also teach you how to use “footwork” to communicate clearly to your dog for seriously sharp heeling routines.
- Teach your dog flawless positions: square sits, fold-back downs, kick-back stands, as well as straight fronts and beautiful finishes.
- You’ll get a step-by-step recipe for teaching a happy and reliable formal retrieve to ANY dog using clicker training.
- The hold, the carry, the pick-up, the wait, and how to back-chain for a reliable performance
Open and Utility
- Learn how to teach Open level exercises: Drop on Recall, Jumping (High and Broad) as well as how to introduce the Utility exercises: Signals, Scent Discrimination, Directed Retrieve, Go Outs, Moving Stand.
DATES: August 24-25, 2013 (Registration Form)
(Sat 9am- 5pm; Sun 9am – 4pm)
Working Spot: $160/per day or $295/both days
Audit Spot: $80/per day or $160/both days
Hannah Branigan – Bio
Hannah has been training dogs and teaching people for more than 10 years. She is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA), a graduate of Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behavior (KPA), and a KPA Certified Training Partner (CTP). Committed to training both dogs and people with positive reinforcement methods, Hannah is also committed to continuing education. She regularly attends behavior conferences and training seminars, bringing the most up-to-date information to her clients.
Hannah’s methods are based on the science of learning theory and positive reinforcement. She maximizes motivation, produces dogs with excellent attention and enthusiasm and turns training into a positive experience for both dogs and their people.
Hannah has titled her dogs in Conformation, Obedience, Schutzhund, Agility and Rally. Her Tervuren, Stormy, earned her Utility Dog title with 3 first placements. Hannah’s current trial dog (also a terv), Gambit, has earned his CD, CDX, and U-CD all in three straight runs with scores that qualified him for two FFX gold awards and an FFX platinum award, and earning a few High In Trials along the way. Her dogs are easily recognized at trials by their focused heeling style and upbeat, happy, working attitudes.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.