Be one of the first to attend our brand new and exciting Shaping Workshop! Whether you want to teach your dog to enjoy a crate, go to mat and stay, hold a dumbbell for Competitive Obedience, teach a service dog to open or close a door, a Front for Rally, a position for Canine Freestyle or a fun trick, using Shaping can get you there!
Shaping is an amazingly effective training technique which not only teaches your dog specific behaviors, but actually teaches him how to learn. And it’s FUN. Fun for you. Fun for your dog! With shaping, you’re taking one task and breaking it down into several smaller steps, then reinforcing each one toward the final goal behavior. Dogs learn quickly when they’re making their own choices and behaviors will repeat when they’re consistently reinforced.
Did you ever play the “Hot/Cold” game when you were a child? When playing the shaping game with dogs (and even with people), the click means “hot” and the absence of a click means “cold.” It is simply unforgettable when you witness the “light bulb moment” in your own dog during a shaping exercise! Come join us and see how fun and effective shaping can be!
- Shaping builds confidence in dogs.
- Shaping builds observation, timing, and reinforcement skills in the handler. (It will make you a better trainer!)
- Shaping is great mental stimulation for dogs – often, a five minute shaping session tires a dog’s brain as much as a forty-five minute walk tires her body.
- Shaping encourages creativity from both parties in the training equation – the handler and the dog.
- Shaping-savvy dog/handler teams can train very complex behaviors quickly and efficiently.
Where: Cold Nose College Training & Education Center, Murphy NC
Date: March 15, 2014
Who for: All dog training enthusiasts
Duration: 1 full day (Saturday, 9 am to 4pm)
Class size: 10 working spots; 10 observer spots
Cost: $165 working spot: $85 observer
Join us! Register Here